Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tyron Woodley Believes He's No. 1 Contender and on Nick Diaz's Mind

Filed under: , ,

Here's what we know is true about Tyron Woodley: he's 28 years old; he made his MMA debut two years ago; he's 8-0; and he just signed a new four-fight deal with Strikeforce.

Here's what Woodley would like you to know: he should be fighting for the Strikeforce welterweight title as soon as possible.

"I think I'm the No. 1 contender at this point," the American Top Team member said on Monday's episode of The MMA Hour. "I think, realistically, from the communication I got from Strikeforce, me and Tarec [Saffiedine] wasn't just an irrelevant fight. It meant something. It meant that we were fighting for either the No. 1 contendership spot or to bang heads with [Paul] Daley, and I'm more than willing to go against Daley to solidify that I'm the No. 1 contender and I deserve a title shot.

"But quite frankly, I believe he don't want to fight a wrestler. He wants to fight KJ Noons. He wants somebody to stand in front of him and bang with him. He don't want somebody that can strike, somebody that can put him on his back, somebody that can dominate him."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/26/tyron-woodley-believes-hes-no-1-contender-and-on-nick-diazs-m/

Joshua Cribbs USC Trojans football Colorado Buffaloes Notre Dame Fighting Irish Pittsburgh Panthers Florida State Seminoles

No comments:

Post a Comment