Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kenny Florian Makes Featherweight Debut at UFC 131

Filed under: ,

Former top lightweight contender Kenny Florian will make his featherweight debut at UFC 131.

Florian said earlier this month he would be dropping down to featherweight, and his first test will come against Diego Nunes. Florian made the announcement on ESPN's "MMA Live" late Friday night. As he did Friday, Florian often serves as co-host of the show.

"It's a new challenge," Florian said of the drop in divisions. "I've never been afraid of a new challenge. I see it as an exciting opportunity to possibly face what in my opinion is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, which is Jose Aldo. He's a tremendous fighter and I have a lot of respect for that guy. (But) I still have an opponent before I get there."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/19/kenny-florian-makes-featherweight-debut-at-ufc-131/

Texas A&M Aggies Arkansas Razorbacks Penn State Nittany Lions Alabama Crimson Tide Clemson Tigers Florida Gators

No comments:

Post a Comment