Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Prince Amukamara's draft diary, Part 2

Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara is talking to Pro Football Weekly's Andrew Struckmeyer for a weekly diary leading up to the draft. In his second entry, Amukamara touches on a variety of topics, including his preparations for the NFL Scouting Combine, which will begin later this week in Indianapolis.

On what is going to be his best event at the NFL Combine:

Amukamara: I think the pro agility and position drills are going to be my best event, because that's where I put more of my focus on here at API (Athletes Performance Institute), and I'm happy with what I accomplished here. I've put in a lot of work in the weight room, a lot of hip work, and a lot of reps just doing it out on the field.

 

On his emotions prior to the Combine:

Amukamara: At first I was nervous, but now I'm just more excited to really show off all the hard work I've been putting in over these past three months. I'm usually a team-first guy, and it's kind of weird that this part of the process is all about me.

 

On his latest preparation for the Combine:

This week and last week was all about refinement and fine-tuning things. It's gone from two-a-days to one-a-days. We've been practicing test-taking habits, and the secrets to the Wonderlic, like if a question is hard, move on and come back to it later. And the interviews, we've just had mock interviews with the camera on our face, just answering questions. It's been kind of tough, because it's kind of intimidating knowing that there are going to be six or seven guys in the room that already know stuff about you, so it's kind of easy to slip up and lie, but I think as long as I am myself and reveal my true character, I'll be OK.

 

Combine predictions:

While I would like to keep predictions about myself behind closed doors, I do think Brandon Burton, who is working out with me at API, is going to open some eyes. He is a very speedy guy with a track history. He's very technically sound, and his ball skills are great.

 

Latest movie review:

Last night I went with Brandon Burton, J.J. Watt, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Randall Cobb to see "Never Say Never." It's actually a really good movie, it's really inspirational and it definitely displays the message that dreams can come true.

Source: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/02/22/prince-amukamaras-draft-diary-part-2

Florida State Seminoles Miami Hurricanes Georgia Bulldogs Texas A&M Aggies Arkansas Razorbacks Penn State Nittany Lions

No comments:

Post a Comment