Wednesday, February 23, 2011

They Said It: week of Feb. 21

Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin expects his team to be competing for a Super Bowl ring again next season, as quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: "We'll be there. We'll be there. … Our intentions have not and will not change. We have a desire to compete for a world championship each and every year. We're going to be unwavering in that pursuit." Tomlin went on to discuss filling former secondary coach Ray Horton's vacant position: "Really, I'm just still in the information-gathering process. I'm in no hurry to be honest with you."

Texans LB DeMeco Ryans, quoted in the Houston Chronicle on the transition to a 3-4 scheme next season: "I don't think it'll be a big issue. There will be a change in terminology. It's a little different, alignment-wise, but football is football." Added Ryans on working with new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips: "I'm excited about working with Wade and the track record he has. He's proved he can take over a defense and get it going on the right track. I'm excited to learn from a coach who's been doing it for over 30 years."

Vikings LB Chad Greenway, explaining that he was not disappointed to learn the Vikings slapped the franchise tag on him Monday, as quoted on TwinCities.com: "I'm happy to know that the Vikings value me enough to make this move. I look forward to this season and playing for coach Frazier, coach Pagac and coach Singletary. It's been a goal of mine since getting drafted to play with the Vikings my whole career. I think we're one step closer to that now. My family and I love living in the Twin Cities and I want to be a part of the Vikings for years to come. I feel like the team has a bright future and I want to be a part of that."

49ers new head coach Jim Harbaugh, quoted on NFL.com regarding the advantage he has in being familiar with many of the college prospects who will attend the NFL Combine this week: "It's helpful in knowing guys, especially their backgrounds, how they're wired. I don't know to what degree it helps, but it's helpful." Added Harbaugh on what he hopes to continue finding out about the young men this week: "I'm looking for how they're wired, competitively, as people. I'm looking to see what they can grasp in terms of your schemes, intellectually. Physically, I want to see how much gas is in their tank and what their energy is like in drills. There's quite a number of things."

Source: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/02/22/they-said-it-week-of-feb-21

New England Patriots Denver Broncos Arizona Cardinals Kansas City Chiefs San Francisco 49ers Seattle Seahawks

No comments:

Post a Comment