Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Y u no go ground wit me, Al???

Fabricio Werdum has surfaced after his WTF performance against Alistair Overeem and it sounds like he's halfway towards realizing he basically botched the fight:

"I should have had more faith in my stand-up, listened to [coach] Rafael Cordeiro. Strategically he (Overeem) was better. Perhaps, if I hadn't pulled the guard so many times, I would have won.

"He didn't want to go to the ground with me at all but it is an MMA fight, you have to do the ground game as well. I think it is funny that [opponents] call me to go at them and I do, but when I call them to the mat, nobody does."

Fun fact, Fabricio: MMA isn't a sport where people have to meekly agree to play along with their opponent's strategy. Falling on your butt 20+ times and getting upset that your opponent doesn't drop into a triangle is like flailing at empty air and wondering why your opponent keeps moving his head out of the way.

Source: http://www.fightlinker.com/y-u-no-go-ground-wit-me-al

Bobby Mitchell Paul Warfield Mike McCormack Frank Gatski Ozzie Newsome Joe DeLamielleure

No comments:

Post a Comment