Saturday, November 27, 2010

Andy Souwer Possibly Herniated Disc Before Loss to Toby Imada

Filed under: ,

Andy Souwer's first loss in over four years in the Shoot Boxing ring to new-comer Toby Imada may have come with good reason as he revealed post-fight that he carried a possibly severe back injury into Tuesday's S-Cup semi-final bout.

Team Souwer's personal physician is yet to perform a full diagnosis on the three-time S-Cup and two-time K-1 MAX champion but suspects that Souwer suffered a herniated disc in his quarter final KO victory over WMC Welterweight Champion Bovy Sor Audomsorn.

"(I had back pain) in the first round in the first fight. I didn't know what exactly the problem was or what the reason was that I had the pain. I don't want to make excuses but I think it was a big reason why I was not able to fight my own game (against Imada). I'm not saying that I lost because of an injury but I can tell you that I didn't even warm up because of the pain," Souwer revealed in a post fight interview.

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/11/23/andy-souwer-possibly-herniated-disc-before-loss-to-toby-imada/

Philadelphia Eagles Washington Redskins New York Jets New England Patriots Denver Broncos Arizona Cardinals Kansas City Chiefs

No comments:

Post a Comment