Monday, November 22, 2010

Tony Thompson Stops Paul Marinaccio in Fourth Round

Filed under: , , , , , ,

ATLANTIC CITY -- Southpaw heavyweight Tony Thompson, a 6-foot-5, 250-pounder from Washington, D.C., won for the fourth straight time with as many knockouts during that run with Saturday night's fourth-round stoppage of Paul Marinaccio of Buffalo, N.Y.

The victory, at 2 minutes and two seconds of the fourth, raised Thompson's record to 35-2, with 23 knockouts, dropping Marinaccio to 24-6-3, with 11 stoppages.

"I thought that it was a mediocre performance on my behalf. I thought that it would be easier fighting a left-hander like he is because my jab is so good," said Thompson.

"It took me a while, but I finally figured the savvy veteran fighter out," said Thompson. "I was trying to set him up with fight-ending shots, you know, touch, touch, fake him. In the end, I eliminated anything that he wanted to do to me."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/11/20/tony-thompson-stops-paul-marinaccio-in-fourth-round/

Clemson Tigers Florida Gators Northwestern Wildcats Wichita State University Nebraska Cornhuskers North Carolina Tar Heels Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

No comments:

Post a Comment